Saturday, September 27, 2008

Loose Change

Whoever said the only thing in life we can count on is change didn’t mean loose change, at least not in my household! Yesterday we had Friday night football at two different high schools and I forgot to go to the bank. (They don’t take your debit card or a check at the football field!) As if on a scavenger hunt, I dug through laundry, winter coats and the backseat of my car and found 10 cents short of what I actually needed. Thank God for pennies! While going through everything, I found a few items I needed for the game; a blanket, a pad and gloves. Fortunately, it was a beautiful night and the gloves are still tucked away in my jacket until next week.

This will be my last season of football games, cheerleading events and school parties. I thought that my emotions were riding high due to the fact that my son recently joined the military. Well, he’s home and I still cried at the end of the game. I’m really going to miss these nights of bonding with the community and yelling with the cheer leaders, encouraging the boys to victory. I’m filling every minute of baking and planning, with sheer “Bliss”; making the most of this year. Change is a good thing! Yee Haaa….the final scores, 54 to 0 and 46 to 6. GO TROJANS, GO KNIGHTS!

No comments: