Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blisstory Journal Question - page 32

Are you an art lover? Who is your favorite artist or photographer?


Without a doubt, my favorite photographer is my husband. He is a natural and has taken some of the most amazing shots I’ve seen. He’s built quite the reputation among his two favorite high schools as the best photographer they have and his pics are all over Facebook. Better yet are his photo’s of nature, particularly the squirrels and spiders he so loves to capture in the yard. (I'll share more about his work in another blog.)

Art is ‘a whole nother story.’ When it comes to art, there are so many choices. Each person has their own individual style, taste and flair, all of which can change minute by minute, depending on the mood. This is exactly what I shared this weekend with my new friend, artist Julie “Jules” Palms of

Jules-Art.com.



Jules artistic talents came to life five years ago, after the death of her mother. She expressed her grief by painting. Her method of painting is with her hands and what gifted hands she has. Seeing each piece come to life, I can only imagine the passion, love and energy she feels while painting. Expressed so deeply is the feeling of connectedness she delivers in each piece.

Saturday I was fortunate enough to spend the afternoon with Jules, viewing her incredible collection. So many of her pieces spoke to me; it was very difficult to decide which pieces I had to take home. I viewed the pieces first, and inquired about the names afterward. Of the 100 + in the studio, I took the 8 that spoke to me on the deepest levels. Guess which one spoke the loudest?
BLISS!

Bliss is a beautiful mix of colors, including greens, browns, oranges and deep reds. My friend Kim, who I so often write about, was dying to get her hands on my “Bliss” for her own studio office. Although I am committed to “sharing my bliss”, in this particular case, you will all have to find your own bliss, among Jules pieces.

A few of the others that spoke to me were: Partners, Soul Mates, Angel in My Corner, and On Fire. You can go to Jules-Art.com and check out her catalogue. Be sure to click on her “About Me” page to really get a feel for the love and beauty that Jules has to share. This week my favorite art is "hand-painted".

Thank you, Jules, for “making my heart smile!”


Blissfully yours, Teri


No comments: