Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blisstory Journal Question - Page 91 Part 2


Do you volunteer for a charity? Tell about it.

For some people, it’s very hard to think about charity and making a contribution when they don’t know if they’ll have a paycheck next week. It’s even harder if you have a family to feed and clothe. During my “life as a mom” I’ve experienced many weeks of living paycheck to paycheck and wondering how I was going to feed my kids. Miracles prevail everyday; there was never a moment that we went hungry or couldn’t pay our bills – there was always enough work, enough food and more than enough kindness from friends, family, even strangers!

To some, I am that stranger. My anonymous donations or ability to pitch in where and when needed has added so much to others lives, I know this. It hasn’t stopped now. I will continue to give and make some type of charitable contribution for the rest of my life. As Wayne Dyer says, "it creates wonderful synergy." I do believe that no matter what circumstance we experience in life, ‘giving back’ is universal divinity! My spirit is richer and fuller, my life more complete because of my capacity to give back to humanity.

Yes, I do support one organization more than others;
Common Ground.

Common Ground is an organization that has changed/saved more lives than I can possibly share here. I can share that it changed mine and saved my children’s! Several years ago, two of our five children were experiencing severe challenges – one on the verge of suicide, one on the threshold of becoming lost in the system to drugs. Unfortunately, they have a family history of both. We were able to reach out to Common Ground and participate, at no charge, in the programs they provide for mental health and youth assistance. We are here today as a living, breathing example of the profound difference their services can make in your life.

May 3, 2009 we will be participating in Common Ground's first annual walkathon, WalkOnCommonGround, held on the beautiful campus of Oakland University in Rochester, MI. The walk includes 4 ½ miles of fun and fundraising. If you’ve ever participated in a walk before, you know how fun they can be. Follow our link

http://www.active.com/donate/walkoncommonground/blissisit

and register to become a part of our team today by walking with or making a monetary donation. Don’t let today’s “tough economic times” prevent you from giving back. You'll hear firsthand how deeply Common Ground has changed the lives of this family. Reach out and take a stand, “that you will not be afraid to make a difference; that you will not accept the constant negativity in the headlines; that you will create change.” Join us, walk with us, blog with us and continue to believe in miracles.

Create bliss now!

No comments: