Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blisstory Question

Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

My good friend, Lisa Marie of MetroChickRadio.com, posed that question to her listening audience a few years ago. It received mixed comments. Even Lisa and I were on opposite sides of the fence that day. We probably still are. (Maybe we need to run that segment again, or better yet, do another show.)

Me, I do believe things happen for a reason. We may not always know what the meaning is behind the event, encounter or experience at the time; we will know when we take a breath and look back, saying the big, “Ahhh, that’s why that happened!”

I could give you a million examples of incidents that have transpired in my life from chance meetings to running back in the house to grab something only to find out I was seconds away from an accident. Encounters and experiences may seem insignificant, yet there is so much more to them when you really pay attention.

The most recent example I share is my meeting Joan Feldman. Joan is a psychotherapist who happened to see and purchase my book, The Blisstory Journal. Weeks later, she was at an event I participated in. When I woke the morning of the event, I couldn’t speak due to a sore throat. My intention was to go right back to bed; not attending the event. My husband convinced me to take “two Tylenol” and get on with it. It was my first event sharing lessons on self love, including my Blisstory Journal Handbook. When I started speaking with Joan, I knew we would connect on a deeper level. In fact, I intentionally asked her questions during my "time on stage" to get to know her more. I fully appreciated her input and expertise.

It turns out Joan is more than just your average psychotherapist. Joan incorporates a little of, what some may think as craziness, into her practice and healing adventure. In fact, it’s the premise for her book, “A Frog In My Basement, A Therapists Curious Journey into Energy Psychology and the Law of Attraction.” That afternoon, Joan changed my life, forever! Through her unique delivery of EFT and TAP techniques, she helped me release some “baggage” I’ve been hanging on to for a long time. You’ll have to read my own journal to hear more about that and you’ll have to trust me on the enormous amount of relief I feel after that experience.

Today, I had lunch with Joan and I look forward to much, much more! Do yourself a favor and grab her book, there’s a reason for it, I’m sure!!!

Blissfully yours, Teri

No comments: