Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blisstory Question - Mom



What are the things you love, cherish, and admire most about your mother?



Obviously my mom is the person that I loved first in my life and I cherish the life she gave me. At 77 years old, she still has that spunky, defiant, never give up attitude. Yeap, that’s where I get it from.

When I say my parents taught me I can do anything, she’s the role model!
She is the orginal bliss networker! I truly admire her ability to pick herself up when she’s hit with a blow, and she’s had more blows than I can remember. She’s suffered the loss of a child, the loss of her lifetime partner, 3 heart attacks, 2 strokes, breast cancer, lung cancer and lives with COPD and arthritis; nothing diminishes her love of life.

My mom is my first real friend. Along with being my friend and mother, she is a friend and mother to countless others. Along with her own 6 children, she has taken in strays for as long as I can remember. Today, her youngest grandson occupies a room at the "Grambo Inn". She is also a mother in law, grandmother, great grandmother, sister, aunt, great aunt, great, great aunt, and so much more. When I think about the many people that have crossed her path, I know that each of them was impacted in a positive way by her mere presence.

Today and every day I honor Janet Rose Griffin, the woman that brought me into this world. I love her enthusiasm, excitement, stubbornness, fortitude, graciousness, and her capacity to love, especially her family. Here’s to you mom!

We'd love to hear the things you love, cherish and admire most about your mother. Please send a note to sharemybliss@theblissnetwork.com. Include permission to post your comments on our sites!


OK, so here's some serious self promotion -

Pick your mom up a
Sisstory Journal or Blisstory Journal today. Share her life, share her legacy, celebrate her!

No comments: