Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blisstory Journal Question of the week!


List a few of the things in life that make you smile.


No doubt we all have an endless list of things that make us smile. My list changes by the nanosecond. Looking around there are literally hundreds of things that have me grinning from ear to ear.

OK, let me just tell you what’s in plain sight – dogs laying at my feet, fresh, hot, delicious coffee on my desk, a lovely scented candle burning brightly, an empty bowl of yummy groats, an email from my husband, letting me know he made it to work safe and sound, and my computer screen flashing that my daughter is awake and ready to roll out of bed to visit OCC. She’s “a big girl now” and is starting her first day at OCC tomorrow. THAT WARMS MY HEART BEYOND WORDS! A GREAT BIG SMILE IS ON MY FACE!. Knowing that I created this bright, beautiful, sweet girl who has remarkably reached adulthood is an incredible feat in itself. I know many of you can feel my joy!

Most people think I live a Pollyanna life. Guess what, I do. I can’t remember a time that I couldn’t find something to smile about. How can I preach “choose bliss” if I can’t find something in each moment to bring me to a place of joy? Oh yea, I have moments of frustration, anger and downright bitchiness – I know how to pull myself out, quickly. For me it takes looking for beauty in each moment, having a sense of humor – laughing at myself, a lot, taking chances and having faith, hope and trust.

Today, send me one thing or 20 things that make you smile. Give me permission and I’ll post it on the ShareYourBliss page at TheBlissNetwork.com. Give others something to smile about!

The Bliss Lady

No comments: