Friday, April 9, 2010

More Spring Cleaning Tips



Watch the video or read below!

Having spent the last six months working very closely with local Balance Chic, Tamara Stone, on helping others manifest the miracles in their life, it became quite clear that I needed a little more "balance" in my own home. What better time to do that than Spring. Last week I worked on my business, this week I'm working on my house. Tamara is an Interior Designer and Certified Feng Shui Practitioner who makes "Balance House Calls". There were just a few things out of sync in my own home. Below you'll find her top five tips for balancing yours; after all, balance on the outside creates more space for balance on the inside!

Her list is very simple and includes daily practices. Of these practices, some I've been including in my daily routine for years, like minimizing clutter and listening to music. Others, I've never even thought of.

1. Take a good look at your front door and make sure it is welcoming, clean and
in good condition. A happy entrance is a good entrance!

2. Look at your space with new eyes. Identify anything for the room that will
make it feel finished. For example: window treatments, a new rug, or artwork.
Complete the room,make sure it feels good! Repair anything that is broken,
cracked, or damaged.

3. Clear ALL CLUTTER. Release all things that no longer serve you. Ask
yourself these three questions; Do I love it? Do I need it? Is it useful?
Take action and throw away, give away, or clean it!

4. Play inspiring music daily. Find something that speaks to you and
incorporate it into your day!

5. Make sure you have some plants in your home. Check the condition of them
to make sure they are healthy and thriving.

I remember a day when she walked into my office and said, "You know you have a wall cover missing on one of your outlets, it makes the space feel unfinished." I also remember the day she walked in and said, "Oh, I love the sound playing in the background, it's so relaxing - a sunny kind of feeling". It's the little things in life that we don't generally pay attention to. Those little things can make all the difference when it comes to creating a balanced space.

For those of you that need a little more balance on your road to bliss this spring, you'd do well to connect with The Balance Chic, Tamara Stone. As my co-host of Miracle Box and Self Discovery/Self Love Workshops, I've witnessed firsthand the positive effects of her Balancing Techniques. For your own "Balance House Call" connect with Tamara today at tamara@tstoneinteriors.com or call 248-591-7380. Here's to a blissfully balanced spring!

Bliss ON!!!

No comments: