Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just Be

Click Here to listen to the audio...

Nine years ago my family and I experienced a devastating house fire. We lost almost everything. The key word in all of this, however, is THING. Stuff, pieces of paper that mean what? For whatever reason, we literally escaped death. The fire marshal reminded me that 99% of those that experience what we did, don’t make it out alive. He said, “Someone up there is watching out for you; someone up there knows you have a bigger plan.” He wondered what woke me up in the middle of the night to save my family. I can only answer, “my dad,” (a few more tears, here) the man who taught me that you never get anywhere in life unless you stick your neck out.

A year after that fire I got a divorce at the same time my sister and her husband encouraged me to become an ordained minister with them. I had no idea how that would change my life so many years later. I’m not here to be preachy and teachy about religion or spirituality. In fact, you’d probably find my spiritual path a little crazy. What I know is “It’s a-ok!” We are all so different, yet connected by one thing – Love.

For nine years I have been trying to remember what I had and what I did before then. I have been trying to hold on to what I was, so as to not lose what I am. What am I? Who am I? What am I trying to find? I have been searching and grieving on a subconscious level for nine years. Yes, I wake everyday being thankful for another breath. Yes, I constantly share words of joy, BLISS and love. Yes, I constantly wear a smile on my face. Yet, a part of me has been looking for something for nine years!

What happened in those few devastating moments really doesn’t matter. The truth is “All that I am, is here, right now, in this moment.” I am breathing, I am smiling, I am writing, I AM ALIVE! AND SO ARE YOU!!!!

I am here to remind you to stop, for just one minute today, to look up at the sky and marvel at this incredible universe. To see beyond your circumstance and breathe in the joy of the moment – It is more than we could possibly imagine – And so are we.

Be grateful. Share your gratitude. This week I am particularly grateful to Tamara Stone, for sharing something called a SPARK with me; to Lori Lipten, for providing a safe place to evolve on my journey; to my husband, Jeff, coincidentally a fire marshal, for sharing his “spirit” and desire to “be” with me; to the UNIVERSE for waking me up in the middle of the night nine years ago – and waking me up today! To my children – you saved my life 20 years ago and don’t even know how! To my sister Sue, for encouraging me to look beyond what I think I know. Every day I am so grateful for all of you; for all of you that are in my life, whether directly or indirectly. YOU ARE all part of my BLISS! I share my gratitude and so much more, with you! I share my love!

No comments: