Monday, May 3, 2010

The Business of Blissness

Let’s face it, in today’s economy one may be overwhelmed by the projected outlook our media portrays. As the unemployment and foreclosure rates increase, so do feelings of fear and inadequacy in many people. Although we may have had a strong business plan, we didn’t account for the ineptness of the “economists” on Wall Street that encouraged Americans to get in over their heads, without a life preserver. What do you do to stay afloat? Change your attitude and follow your Blissness Plan, instead of your business plan.

What’s a Blissness Plan? It’s your blueprint for creating more joy in your life, including your business, defined as:

1. Lifelong plan for bliss: path to happiness
2. The “who, what, when, where, why and how” to achieve more bliss in your life.

The Blissness Plan includes 12 action steps to take, most of which we already know, yet don’t think to include in our daily practice. These steps are easily and effortlessly applied to your business. If you haven’t downloaded your free copy, visit TheBlissNetwork.com, click the Blissness Plan link and get yours today.

I grew up in an average, middle class family. My mom’s job was raising six children. She was the Project Manager, CFO, Hospitality Team Leader, Food and Beverage Manager, Travel Coordinator and so much more. My father, on the other hand, was the “bread winner.” He left the house most mornings at 6:00 a.m., car pooling with colleagues, to save money and get to his office by 7:30. Because he was very active with the UAW, some days he didn’t get home until well after bedtime. Like many Americans, he believed in “The Dream”, he believed in our right to “Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.” Isn’t that what we all work for? I know I do.

The Blissness Plan is a practice designed to help everyone in their “Pursuit of Happiness.” Each step can easily be incorporated into your business. For example, Month 5 is creating a Gratitude Journal. This month not only did I write in my gratitude journal, I practiced a gratitude meditation every morning for five minutes, as soon as I sat in my office chair. Before I even looked at my Planner (My Blissness Planner) or turned on my laptop,I practiced with these steps:

Closed my eyes
Took three deep breaths
Thanked everything and everyone I could think of, associated with my
business, and more
Visualized what prosperity and abundance feel like
Took three more deep breaths and moved on!

Sounds pretty basic, right? You’ve heard it before, “practice gratitude and your life expands in more ways than you can possibly imagine.” Mine has! I’ve added two new workshops, two new clients, and two new E Books to my business this month! The Bliss Network is thankfully being visited by over 30,000 people in 53 different countries! Woo Hoo…So, join me in the “What’s Your Blissness?” Group on the CremeMagnolia.net’s Business Networking site this week and I’ll share a few more strategies on how I move from Business to Blissness by incorporating these steps in my own business!

Bliss ON!!

No comments: