Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Take time to pamper yourself!

Lately I've been practicing slowing down, breathing, and listening to what my body needs, instead of what everyone else needs. I realize it's hard for many of you to believe that I might actually slow down - I really do! Don't get me wrong, I'm still tuned in to helping those I can, I just decided to practice what I preach and take care of "me" first by indulging in "me" time.

Ok, so this is a little personal, but here goes! One thing I love is taking a bath or getting in a hot tub. I don't get to do it very often so I look to make it as soothing as possible. Last month I ordered 'Serenity Bath Salts' from Silky Cosmetics'. Wow, was I in for a treat. The incredible combination of natural peppermint and lavender oils is both relaxing and rejuvenating at the same time. MMMM the moment you open the jar you know you are in for something special. The aroma lingers in the air and on your skin long enough to keep you feeling like you've just visited the Spa. Not only have I used it in my bath, it sits on my desk as a reminder to breathe and slow down. Anytime I feel overly stressed I simply open the jar and inhale the relaxing, soothing scent. For me, it's like a witches brew, casting a calming spell over me that lasts for days. Bonus: my skin feels just like it should, silky smooth from head to toe.

What grabbed my attention with these products is that they are 100% vegan, 100% natural, contain no Parabens or synthetics, and are NEVER tested on animals! At my age, it's more important than ever to use products that are not going to cause more damage than good to both my skin and the environment.

Want to treat yourself to a little pampering? (It's ok to be selfish once in a while. It's good for your soul.) Grab a jar of the Serenity Bath Salt, light a few candles, turn on a little soft music and indulge in a few moments of bliss. Oh, did I say bliss? You might want to try their "Bliss Buttery Body Cream”, I hear it's blissilicious!

Bliss ON!!

No comments: