Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Perspective - from a hawks view

Photo's by Jeffrey Williams

This weekend I was one of a handful of people invited to speak in Ohio at the celebration and launch of Patrick Abec's new book, "Small Business Review - Top Stories of 2010". Most of the speakers are featured in the book, including me. Why? We are entrepreneurs who have experienced challenges, tragedies and more and are finding our way to success.

Sounds like a lot of you, right? It definitely fits for most of my colleagues, friends and clients. We have all experienced suffering at one point in our lives. Mine is no greater or less than yours - it simply is.

On the way to the festivities, my husband and I witnessed the incredible migration of hawks as they traveled south. There were literally hundreds of them. Hawks have an amazing ability to adapt and survive in almost any condition. Each culture has their own definition of the messages available when witnessing a hawk. Some include: seeing the big picture, empowerment for finding the positive, being awake and aware that you can achieve great things by persistence and strength of will. Patrick’s book has over 85 messages of hope, perseverance and joy.

During the event I shared an experience that was deeply powerful and changed my life. 10 years ago my family was in a crisis. One afternoon I literally locked myself in the bathroom and prayed for a miracle. Days later, we experienced a house fire. I didn't know then the power that event would have in my life. However, sometime later I filed for divorce, from my second marriage. Both of my previous husbands were addicts; one to alcohol, the other to pain medication. 2 years later I married a fire fighter, my best friend and partner.

Our mission: sharing simple ways
to incorporate more joy into your life, easily and effortlessly,
both personally and professionally.


Today, The Bliss Network supports the business community with practical easy solutions in website development, social networking, promotions and publishing. Additionally, I host and teach workshops in self love, masterminding, intention setting and much more. I take what works for me, what keeps me smiling and share it with my clients to enhance their life.

"From the top of the mountain we witness life from a new perspective." The Daily Om, Saturday, October 10, 2010.

Doesn't that sound a little like a hawk soaring above? I say we can capture that perspective every morning when we wake up - regaining our strength and composure from whatever happened the day before and begin anew, creating ways in which to live a happier life.

Simply put...
we can choose bliss!

1 comment:

jean said...

Well said! I do start each day full of hope for my human experiences each day. I am amazed at the number of people who miss the sunrise, a beautiful rainbow or the color or smell of the trees this time of year. We can start each day being mindful of the miracles around us even on the way to work. One of my practices with my team members is to start our workday with a positive thought for the day. Though it started with me ( and alot of teasing) , now there are others who bring a thought or we go around on fridays and each talks about what they were able to accomplish that week. ( a great time to focus on the accomplishments and not on the "to do" list. I enjoy your newsletter immensely! Thank-you!
Blessings!
Jean Cornell RN, Ph.D
www.souljourneycenter.net