Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How do you make decisions? The flip of a coin?

Some of my family members find it very difficult to make a decision. Seemingly easy decisions become a grueling process. I often find myself saying, "Flip a coin!" In fact, I've used that technique on many occasions. Isn't not making a decision - making a decision? Choosing to stay indecisive is saying you're staying exactly where you are or that you accept what's going on.

There was a time when I would make decisions rather quickly, which wasn't always a good thing, especially when it came to business decisions. I've learned to go within more, trusting my intuition and listening to the inner whispers of my soul or as my friend Lori Lipten puts it, "Listening to my inner GPS". When that doesn't "feel right" I seek the advice of a trusted colleague, friend or family member. Sometimes I revert to one of the many oracle decks I've acquired over the years.

Oracle cards are an ancient method of receiving guidance and messages. An oracle deck generally consists of 44 cards. Each card has a picture or drawing and contains a word or sentence. Generally the decks come with a guide book, giving some insight on the cards. (I'm in the process of creating a Bliss Deck now - you're going to love it!)

One of my favorite decks is Dr. Steven J. Farmers "Power Animal Oracle Cards". Many of you may already realize that ancient and indigenous peoples across the globe believe Power Animal Spirit Guides help in their everyday lives by providing guidance. The theory is that we all have Power Animal Spirits. Stevens deck contains 44 cards and a guide book. When I'm having difficulty making a decision sometimes I visit the decks, think about my decision or dilemma and choose a card. The message is usually very appropriate to my situation and extremely helpful; sometimes even leaving me in awe of the power behind the message.

If you don't have a deck, I suggest you grab one or call or email me. I'd be happy to pull a card for you and share the description. It's a little more fun than flipping a coin. Guess what card I just pulled - The Antelope - who is all about decisiveness! Pretty cool, huh!

Blissings...

No comments: