Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blisstory question: What are the things you love, honor, cherish and admire most about your mom?

(This is an edited version of a post from May, 2009)
First things first, above all else, I cherish the life she gave me. That's why everyday is Mother's Day in our house. She provided a strong foundation and house of love for all of her family. Today, that foundation is as strong as ever. At 79 years old, she still has that spunky, defiant, never give up attitude. Yeap, that’s where I get it from. She is the original Bliss Networker!

I truly admire her ability to pick herself up when she’s hit with a blow; she’s had more blows than I can count. She’s suffered the loss of a child, the loss of her lifetime partner, 3 heart attacks, 2 strokes, breast cancer, lung cancer and lives with COPD and arthritis; nothing diminishes her love of life (or her love of gambling and Tim Horton's coffee!) LOL

My mom is my first real friend. She is the person I call for everything: good, bad or indifferent. A day doesn't go by that we don't chat, even if for just a minute.

Along with being my friend and mother, she has 5 other children who love and adore her as equally as I do. She is a friend and mother to countless others and is always taking in strays. Today, her youngest grandson (my "baby" boy) occupies a room at the "Grambo Inn". You just never know who might be taking up space in one of her rooms. She is a mother in law, grandmother, great grandmother, sister, aunt, great aunt, great, great aunt, and so much more. When I think about the many people that have crossed her path, I know that each one of them was impacted in a positive way by her presence and smile.

Today and every day I honor Janet Rose Griffin, the woman that brought me into this world. I love her enthusiasm, excitement, stubbornness, fortitude, graciousness, and her capacity to love, especially her family. Here’s to you mom!

I'm also honoring Susan Williams, where ever her spirit may be. You were a remarkable woman and your light shines bright in our family. THANK YOU for bringing my husband into this world. You are a shining star, Susan!

OK, so here's a gift for all of you! Simply click Sisstory Now for a complimentary E-Book copy of "The Sisstory Journal" - dedicated to my mom, my daughter, my sister and all of you - Rockin women around the world! (Offer good through May, 8, 2011) Sisstory provides over 365 delightful questions, actions, and more for celebrating the feminine spirit!

And a little self promotion:
Pick your mom up one of our delightful other E-books, Girlavanting, The Girls Guide to Balance, Bliss and Fun or Blisstory Journal today. Share her life, share her legacy, have a whole lot of fun celebrating her!

Happy Mother's Day, every day, to all!

No comments: