Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bliss List

For the last seven years I have spent my New Years Eve sitting in a fire station, waiting for the annual fireworks at midnight. It’s the one night a year that is a mandatory “work night” for my husband. Some years a few of our children join us; most years it’s just the two of us and 2009 other crazy people watching the clock in the city square as it ticks away to midnight.

While he was out inspecting, I took the opportunity to focus on my Bliss List”, everything bliss past, present and future. Some of the “bliss full” thoughts that came to mind were; coffee, chocolate, good books, helping friends, sending smiles, walks in the cold (with my husband to keep my hands warm,) crying at good movies, New York with my daughter, chatting with my son, the best play I’ve ever seen, Wicked, Christmas with my family, girl talk, remote car starters, puppies, comfy sheets, amazing elections.

In 2008 I loved a job, left a job, found myself back at my kitchen table and wrote a book. I honored my niece on the one year anniversary of her life changing accident, by giving her the first copy of The Blisstory Journal; hers is truly a bliss full history, a Lifetime Movie in the making. I watched my son leave for the military and rejoiced when he returned home, for good. I celebrated homecoming nomination with my 17 year old daughter. I made snow angels, went hiking, laughed hysterically, ate cake and drank espresso. I grieved for friends lost and celebrated with new found friends. I loved beyond my wildest dreams and am here with my husband to share it all!

This is my Blisstory. What’s on your bliss list? Send it on to: Sharemybliss@theblissnetwork.com


Blissfully yours!!! Teri


1 comment:

Dancing B*a*g Lady said...

Way to follow your Bliss, Teri.

You know you can feel this kind of energy even through the computer. I felt your energy the very first time we met in cyberspace.