Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blisstory question: What has been your most embarrassing moment?


This is “Priceless”

We’ve all had it, that sudden urge to “pee” at the wrong time. (If Oprah can say it so can we!) You know how it is after 4 cups of coffee and a long morning drive. This week, in the middle of Shawne Duperon’s (of Shawnetv.com) amazing presentation on Media, I had that unfortunate feeling over come me. As soon as I saw her turn around and get ready to go into her next subject I seized the opportunity to make my get away to the Ladies Room.Whew, what a relief (I know you know exactly what I'm talking about!)

Little did I know Shawne decided, in that moment, to do something she had never done on stage before. She graciously waited for her guest to return. Wow! That was an honor! She altered the process of her “spiel”- counting the minutes until I returned. Thank God I only had to “pee”.

Many people would have been embarrassed. Not me. Shawne Duperon has such amazing stage presence and delivers her information and message with so much enthusiasm and excitement that I didn’t want to miss a thing. During her presentation she shared unlimited resources and tips on how to get on T.V. and how to present yourself when being interviewed. She raced around the room in “reporter” fashion and truly gave us the perfect example of what happens in the day of a reporter. I was always on the edge of me seat, not because I had to “pee”, but because I was wondering what was coming next.

I am forever grateful to Shawne not just for honoring me but for leading me ever closer to my dream. We rehearsed with a real camera, at which time Shawne guided (not so gently) on stature, facial expression, tone of voice and so much more. As a perpetual student of life, I appreciated the words she delivered regarding, “where I need to be with myself before I jump in front of the camera.” I am embracing the “assignments” and “lessons” she gave all of us and know that when my time comes to be in the “limelight” I’ll be a little bit more at ease – thanks to Shawne.

Thanks for the “priceless pee moment", Shawne, and for sharing your incredible knowledge with us all! I’m sending love right back at ya!

Oh, and I would totally embrace Bruce Springsteen stopping his preformance so I could go to the ladies room! Woo Hooo...go Pittsburgh


1 comment:

Dancing B*a*g Lady said...

Well speaking of going to the bathroom. Our coporate office just moved and I had become accustom to the ladies room being on the right and mens on the left.

GUESS WHAT! Yep in the new building it is just the opposite and Yep I barreled into the mens room last week.

Thank goodness those disgusting things they call urinals were actually in stalls.

I hope Mr. P was offended that I saw him washing his hands. Hey some guys do wash their hands apparently.