Sunday, January 25, 2009

Confirmed Chocoholic

Chocoholic

Yes, I will stand on the podium and confess – I am a chocoholic! In an effort to become healthy, for over two years my husband and I stopped eating sugar all together, including chocolate. We gave up everything processed. This year, though, on Thanksgiving, we decided we’d binge a little. Both of us have been binging ever since – that’s almost seven weeks ago.

We’ve made a commitment to each other to go back to that lifestyle; however, I’m not giving up my weekly dose of chocolate. And the perfect place to feed my addiction is Sweet Essentials, located in downtown Berkley, Michigan.

When I was growing up my brother brought my mom Sydney Bogg ‘s Chocolates on special occasions. To my mom, I’m sure every weekend was a special occasion. I remember them so well – sweet, creamy, gooey and delicious! The look on my mom’s face was orgasmic! Guess what ladies and gentlemen, Sweet Essentials is the only place you will find the original recipes from Sydney Bogg 's Chocolates. The owners, Lisa, Gary and Debbie, grew up working at the chocolate factory and relive their childhood every day, in a big way! They are the best chocolatiers in town, maybe even the Universe!

My friend Kim and I stopped at Sweet Essentials this week. Kim was awestruck; she didn’t even know you could still grab a Sydney Bogg’s Turtle. She had never tasted anything so delightful. As I watched her savor every last tiny morsel of her mint wafer, I took my vow to not give up chocolate and make Sweet Essentials a regular stop on my way home. I believe I will create my own chocolate of the month club. This month, of course I brought my husband turtles, but I also couldn’t pass up the chocolate cashew cluster. WOW! The perfect mix of chocolate, cashews and caramel! My husband said it was better than Bear Claw Ice Cream – now that’s a compliment!

Here’s to Sweet Essentials – anyone interested in joining my chocolate of the month club? I’m thinking the first Saturday of the month works pretty darn good, maybe the second, third and fourth Saturday’s too…No Chocoholics Anonymous for me!

Better get started on that Valentines Day order. Don’t forget to have some ordered for me!!! Just tell Sweet Essentials The Bliss Lady sent you!!

http://www.sydneyboggs.com/

http://www.theblissnetwork.com/

Home of the Blisstory Journal - the perfect companion for your box of Sydney Boggs chocolates.

No comments: