Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blisstory Question of the week!


What is your favorite room in the house?


Growing up, we spent more time in the kitchen than any other room. Maybe it was because of the delicious smells wafting through the air from whatever was cooking for dinner that night or the fresh coffee always brewing in the coffeemaker. Whatever the reason, that’s still my favorite spot. I love hanging out in a kitchen.

In my new house, the kitchens’ a little small; not too small to host my husband, two dogs and one of our five kids, though. Someone’s usually sitting on the edge of the counter, chatting away, trying to figure out what the heck we are putting on their plates.

With summer here, it’s challenging to cook a hot meal. Really, who wants to? Why not try something new and different? We are. There’s a great website at Regeneration Raw. You’ll find tips and recipes for a few quick choices. The best part is, they educate you on the benefits of eating raw, natural foods. They are hosting a showing of Food Matters at the Royal Oak Music Theater this Thursday, August 27. Click here for more details. Also check out Raw Glow. You’ll find a whole list of recipes, like raw apple pie and celery avocado stuffing.

In my kitchen, we're cooking healthier and loving it. We're having a lot of fun trying new spices and vegetables. The scents are a lot different from when I was growing up, for sure, that's okay! I still get that cozy, connected feeling and it's pretty darn blissful!

The Bliss Lady

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Teri! I saw the nice mention of my blog, The Happiness Project, in your blogroll. I very much appreciate you shining a spotlight on my blog! Thanks and best wishes, Gretchen Rubin