Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Taking Control

Special thanks to Aly Darin Photography, Be Well-Birmingham, Molly Livingstone and all the ladies who attended our Mini-Self Luvapalooza!

Connecting with others on a deeper level than simply meeting for coffee or swapping business cards is my number one goal. Sharing my own personal story, tools I’ve used for individual growth and empowerment, seeing others achieve their own greatness and learning to really honor and love who they are, brings that feeling of bliss to my life. I’ve been blessed to have met and worked with so many dynamic, loving people. It’s an honor to have each and every one of you on my path.

Last week was one of those incredible weeks, beginning with our Cooperative Networking Event, closing with our Mini Self Luvapalooza in collaboration with Madly In Love With Me Day founder, Christine Arylo, all held at Be Well in Birmingham. My partner, colleague and friend, Tamara Stone, and I hosted women from all over. Some heard about our events from Facebook, Linked In, and Meet Ups. One woman even heard about our Self Luvapalooza from a friend of hers in Luxemberg. People are talking, people are changing, people, just like you and me, are wanting to connect differently from anything they’ve ever experienced. We are here to help you make those connections.

The one thing that is heard over and over again at our Workshops is about the fear that surrounds this city, this state. So many are going to work (or not going to work) everyday wondering if it will be their last day on the job, years of commitment and dedication leaving them out in the cold. Many are already experiencing that job loss. Today, I challenge you to trust…trust and act. We are not a helpless society. We are powerful, dynamic individuals who have overcome many obstacles.

Last year at this time, I sat down for coffee with my friend Judy Davids, who had just been laid off from her job of 17 years. At the time, I, too was going through mergers and downsizing with my clients. We cried, we laughed and then focused on what we did have. We created our own reality and dreams by not letting the negativity and false fears keep us stagnant and on that emotional roller coaster.

Today, we both have thriving businesses. Judy will be starting a new company of her own in just a few weeks. Not to mention her band, The Mydols, will be seen in the Spring on Gene Simmons, "Family Jewels". The Bliss Network is now visited by people in 43 different countries, with over 24,000 hits a month. Tamara and I offer workshops on Self Love and Creating Miracles in your own life. We are also offering that opportunity to connect on a different level through our Cooperative Networking Events, based on the Cooperation Factor. Judy and I took control of our lives, reached out and made a change.

My closing words are this…Take control of your own life, know that you have options and trust that this too shall pass. You are one heck of an amazing person on an incredibly blissful journey!

Bliss ON!!! Teri

No comments: