Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Passion Exists In YOU - Not The J.O.B.

While in college I wrote a paper titled, "The World is My Network". (Not going to mention how long ago that was!) The paper detailed the pros and cons of Corporate America vs. Direct Sales and working from home. At that time, web pages were basically word documents and cell phones were about 15 times bigger than they are now.The point of the article was to describe my experiences with both types of positions, including the benefits to both.

Here's the short version:

At the time, I was a single mom working in Corporate America, as well as attending college and running a direct sales business. What I found was I could market and build my own business where ever I was: hockey, cheer-leading, the pool, PTA meetings and traveling around the country. Not only that, as the internet grew, I could maintain an income by reaching out across the globe - consistently making a difference in people's lives with the products I carried.

In my Corporate position, which was so like a pyramid scheme-you know, only the people at the top, like the CEO's, CFO's, etc...were the ones making any money, I was rather stuck. Since there were so few of those positions available, it was going to be very difficult for me to get ahead, especially since I had two kids at home that needed a whole lot of attention. It didn't matter how many clients I spoke with in one day, I was still going to be in the same boat, financially, a year later.

Fast forward to 2010-Seems like today there are more direct selling opportunities popping up every day and obviously, the internet is exploding. Jobs in Corporate America are dwindling and unemployment is at record highs. I personally love direct sales. With the ability to market globally through the net, and the right products, entrepreneurs can create great success. When I look for any product, I look for safety, quality, ecology, return policy and pricing. The products need to be life enhancing and user friendly - whether I'm purchasing them for my family or for my network. Two that I love are Swiss Just-USA and Send Out Cards. (Click the links to find out more about each). Both products enhance my life, my families lives and the lives of those I share them with.

If you are an entrepreneur and/or one of the many who have been affected by layoffs, downsizing and cutbacks there is no better time than now to start your own business. Whether it's through direct sales or something you've created, the time is right. (I live in both worlds, having my own business and earning additional income through Direct Sales.) There are many companies that offer exceptional quality products at fair pricing. Check a few out and find what SPARKS your interest. We all share stuff we love-movies, restaurants, shopping and more-why not get paid for it.

Remember passion exists in YOU - not the J.O.B....
live your passion today.


Bliss ON!

P.S. Visit and bookmark Abec's Small Business Review and read my article! My story will be included in Patrick Abec's book, due to release this fall! Woo Hoo!!!!

2 comments:

Madison said...

Hi Bliss!

Thanks for this inspirational post. I work for DOVE CHOCOLATE DISCOVERIES™ the first direct selling chocolate company and wanted to share this amazing opportunity with your readers. If anyone is interested in direct selling, having fun while making $$ and a love for chocolate this is perfect for you! Please visit our Web site www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com to find a Chocolatier in your area. For more information and the latest and greatest from the brand you can also visit us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/dovediscoveries and Twitter, www.twitter.com/dcd_sweetie

Have a sweet day!
Madison
The DOVE CHOCOLATE DISCOVERIES™ Team

Essa Adams said...

Thanks BlissLady - Good post. Looking forward to more. I just offer products I love too, regardless of where they come from. engine cleaners, skin brightener, all the same if I love them. Now I approach all marketing the same, whether the product is a direct sales commission or a company with several levels to the top. When I love a product and what the company represents to the world, that is all it takes. So many look at it as climbing to teh top, still, but I see it as one product at a time. My own novel is in the mix too, as there is as much if not more potential for me there as with any other. You're so right, it is all about passion, loving what one has to offer and living it too.

Essa