Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Be part of a Bliss Brigade

Many, many years ago I remember telling my dad to "Just throw your thoughts to the Universe and you'll get an answer!" For a long time he thought my notions of letting go were silly, ok, Crazy! Today, I tell my husband the same thing. No doubt sometimes, like my father did, he thinks I'm a little out there. I am...and it's ok....I'm very happy!

A few weeks ago I mentioned to a group of friends that I would like to start a monthly giving collection, choosing a new group or person each month that had specific needs we could work to fill. I was thinking that it would be great to be able to donate "extra stuff" or create a fundraiser for an organization or person that may have a strong need. Today, everybody needs something - some may need it more than others. Last week, the Universe answered in a big way. A small group of women, from all over the globe, have come together to create what I'm calling a Bliss Brigade, with many Brigadiers.

My favorite definitions of Brigade are:

1. a formation of fighting units, together with support arms (and shoulders to cry on) and services, smaller than a division and usually commanded by a brigadier
2. a group of people organized for a certain task: a rescue brigade
3. a line of persons formed to extinguish a fire by passing on buckets of water quickly from a distant source: a bucket brigade
4. any group of persons who cooperate to help cope with an emergency.

Ten years ago my family experienced a devastating house fire. Without the help of my "sisters", friends and family, my own personal rescue bridgade, I would not have gotten through it as easily as I did. They offered ears to listen, shoulders to cry on, help digging through the wreckage, food, clothing, a place to stay and much more. During the first 48 hours many people stepped up to assist, some of them strangers. It was more than I could have ever imagined possible. You know the saying, "words cannot express...".


Words cannot express the deep sense of gratitude I feel towards those people (and the Universe) for being there when we needed help most. I'm quite sure my father, who had passed on many years before, was one of those that answered my call to the Universe. No doubt, he somehow managed to wake me up in the middle of the night to rescue my family!

Today, one of our "sisters" child needs constant medical care and a very costly treatment. In less than 72 hours a group of incredible people has come together to help a family in need. Although many of us have never met this family in person, we have stepped up to help pay for that treatment, send love and prayers, and give support to this family in any way we can. How? We are doing this through financial donations and monetary gifts, clothing, food deliveries, cleaning services, and more. We are creating our own brigade, filling our sisters' bucket and putting out her fires by stepping up and lending a hand to her and her family, in whatever way we can.

This week I am offering you a chance to help without even leaving your home! To help this sister and her family I am donating 35% of The Sisstory Journal EBOOK to this Bliss Brigade, that's $1.75 for each EBOOK sold. The Sisstory Journal contains over 365 entertaining, engaging and sometimes enlightening questions about your sister relationships and YOU! Each copy comes with complimentary gifts from some pretty amazing sisters!

Click here now to immediately become part of this powerful mission and help in the smallest of ways. For less than $5.00 your Sisstory Journal EBook will be delivered to your in box, an incredible book of discovery, and you support a "sister" who's bucket is less than half full...That's what Sisstory is all about!

For more information about this project, feel free to email me at teri@theblissentwork.com.

Come on - be a part of our Bliss Brigade!

No comments: