Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A decade of growth, change and love

This year I did something completely out of sync for me - I spent the better part of the month of December "playing". It was an amazing ending to the decade of growth and change I've experienced. It was also the beginning of a wonderful new decade, one that will bring even greater joy.

Oh, I worked a little, if that's what you call interviewing amazing people who shared the best of themselves with all of us. If you haven't tuned in yet, visit Empoweradio.com and listen to the interviews. Each guest shares incredible insight on the road to bliss. More work - if that's what you call writing my next book, cooking, baking, and shopping for my family. Mostly I took time to hang out with my family, my friends, my pets and my husband.

At the beginning of 2010 one of the intentions I posted on my Bliss Board was that I wanted to strengthen the bonds of the relationships that brought me the greatest joy. Over the course of the year, I focused on creating more opportunities to love, to be compassionate, to share kindness and to celebrate with awareness. Those 4 words have made an incredible difference in my life, especially in this last decade, and I am so grateful for every moment.

As I wrote the story of my year, thanks to the great advice of Lori Lipten, I realized that the story really began 10 years ago. January 1, 2011 was the 10 year anniversary of a devastating house fire my family and I experienced. Many of you have heard my story or read my blogs. My family and I were fortunate to have literally escaped death on New Year's Day. The Fire Marshal said, "Lady, someone up there is watching out for you. 99% of all people that experience the type of fire you did, don't make it out alive." I believed him then. I believe him now. Of course, I write this with tears of bliss streaming down my face. So grateful to be alive; even more grateful that my family is all here with me.

Shortly after that fire, I ended my 2nd marriage. I remember sitting on the bathroom floor one morning, before the fire, praying for a miracle, praying for the strength to move on. That fire was my miracle and changed the course of my life. Never again would I settle for anything less than love, kindness, and compassion. From that day on I choose to live by practicing being mindful and aware, living in the moment, honoring the past and looking forward to the future.

For almost 8 years now, I have been married to my best friend and partner. When we first married, I said, "As long as you are addicted to me, we'll do just fine!" You may laugh at that statement, but it has proven to be the foundation of our relationship. Most of you know how damaging living with someone that is addicted to anything can be for everyone involved. We turned it around and honor each other and our space, holding our relationship and our family, as something sacred, something worth cherishing.As I began this new decade, I set the intention to again create more opportunities for love, compassion, kindness and awareness, shining a bright light on my blissful path. Anyone wishing to do the same can download an official "Bliss Certificate" on my website at TheBlissNetwork.com or this link http://theblissnetwork.com/Bliss_Certificate.html

Your "Bliss Certificate" is a gentle reminder that you choose bliss! Yes the road can be bumpy. Yes, sometimes I'm the Pissed Lady instead of The Bliss Lady. It's OK - it's just an excuse for more bliss breaks!

Here's to living your bliss and celebrating your life. Bliss on!

No comments: