Monday, January 10, 2011

Building your business – from the heart

The other day I received a call from a friend of mine who was having difficulty with a client. The client presented a list of items and services needed, as well as a budget. She gave him a price. The first thing he did was begin to barter, in a “not so friendly way” wanting to cut the estimate in half, even though she stayed within his budget, as well as threw in many extras. She is the type of contractor that continuously provides her clients with more than just what is on the bottom line.

What I began to think of was heart centered businesses, integrity, loyalty, value and devotion. Because I come from a place of trust, providing value to my clients, when I am presented with an estimate or bid, I generally think that the service provider is giving me what he perceives to be the best value. I know if I am hiring someone for a service, it’s probably for something I am a) not qualified to handle or b) simply don’t want to handle for any number of reasons. I know that I have aligned myself with people that practice coming from a place of being a heart centered business and that I can trust the process.

What does that mean? A heart centered business? It means that the business owner and service provider:

- Realizes that we live in a monetary society, that we need to have that exchange in order to survive and thrive
- Understands the concept of integrity by adhering to certain moral and ethical principals – like I told my children, “Don’t lie, cheat or steal”
- Recognizes the mutual benefit of providing value to each client and perceives their own value to others
- Is loyal to his/her clients and faithful to his commitments and obligations, “Do what you say, and more”
- Is devoted to and passionate about helping people feel better and change their lives
- Comes from a place of gratitude and abundance.

Sarah Ban Breathnach said, “Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend.”

I believe that when we provide a heart centered business and practice living our lives from a place of abundance and love, our garden grows beyond our wildest dreams.

Here’s to planting your garden with seeds from the heart. Bliss On!

No comments: