Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Obligatory Obligations...

Don't do anything that you don't really want to do. Keep yourself in a place of feeling good. Reach for the thought that feels better -- and watch what happens. --- Abraham

Week 3 of the Inner Mean Girl Cleanse

Here we are at week 3 of our Inner Mean Girl Cleanse and I am writing my "obligatory" blog on "obligation". There are over 20 different definitions of the word "obligation" at Dictionary.com. For this blog, I'll go with:

1. something by which a person is bound or obliged to do certain things, and which arises out of a
sense of duty or results from custom, law, etc.
2. something that is done or is to be done for such reasons: to fulfill one's obligations.
3. a favor, service, or benefit for which gratitude is due.

I am deeply grateful for this opportunity and really don't feel an obligation to write this blog. In fact, it's actually very therapeutic. I've written 3 of them so far, just on this topic. The first 2 are in my notebook, marked private, in the hopes that my family doesn't read it if they ever find it.

Between traveling and stay-cations the last few weeks, I've gotten behind on quite a few things. The reminder to do everything from a place of love could not have been sent at a more perfect time. Yes, the Universe does provide, as long as we stay awake and listen!

This week, I found myself doing many things I didn't really want to do and getting caught up in my own inner turmoil. When I was working, I thought the obligatory, "I should be cleaning, cooking or calling my mom". When I was cleaning, cooking, or chatting with my mom, I found myself thinking, "I should be working. I need to write that article or blog. I need to connect with so and so." And if I took a break from both, my first thought was, "I really should be working or doing laundry." The battle was being fought from every side.

I really thought I had a good handle on "living my bliss" and doing what felt right, on living from a place of love. I literally had to stop myself on several occasions for a reality check. We can only do so much and we really "should" love what we do and do what we love. I'm in to taking more bliss breaks!

Tomorrow the laundry is going to pile up and I'm heading off to Girlavant with my daughter - It's the perfect day for a massage and lunch, the loving thing to do for us all! Thanks, Christine and Amy for giving us permission to play and enjoy the hell out of it!

Bliss ON!

I am participating in the Inner Mean Girl 40-Day Cleanse as a Self-Love Ambassador. To thank me for my participation, I will receive a self-love gift from the founders of the Inner Mean Girl Reform School.

No comments: