Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stop Comparisons and Be Gentle On Yourself

"Be gentle with yourself, there is no one quite like you - What a miraculous thought!"

Week 2 of the 40 Day Inner Mean Girl Cleanse

This week's IMG challenge of comparison reminded me of something from my past. A former teacher used to tell me , "Be gentle with yourself, there is no one quite like you!" She was so right!

Every time I find myself going down that lonely "if only" road I stop myself and breathe - finding that one thing that I feel wealthy and inspired in, adding a mental thank you to the universe, including the who or what that popped up to bounce me down that path. Yes, that Inner Mean Girl works hard to bring us down sometimes.

This week, I walked into an event that was supposed to be casual. I wore jeans and a wonderful summer shirt. Looking around, I noticed everyone was in a dress. Yes, I felt totally out of place - for a minute! What the heck, I was very comfortable. To me, there's nothing like a great pair of jeans!

Two things immediately came to mind. One, the room was freezing and I was going to be warm, especially since I had the foresight to bring a sweater. Two, since there were no pads on the wood chairs, my legs were going to be nice and warm. I founds something to appreciate and feel grateful for. I still imagined that a few women were thinking I was totally out of place. WHATEVER! (My childrens favorite response to everything)

We have literally thousands of impressions that run through our minds at any given moment. There's always a choice as to which impression we will follow, keeping in mind that we are way beyond our bodies and our minds. We are "super-blissilicious" souls spreading our wings and flying high.

David Ji of the Chopra Center says, "This moment right now can be the most amazing moment in your life regardless of what is swirling around you...It's always a choice!"

Bliss ON!!

I am participating in the Inner Mean Girl 40-Day Cleanse as a Self-Love Ambassador. To thank me for my participation, I will receive a self-love gift from the founders of the Inner Mean Girl Reform School.

No comments: