Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here's to a BLISS FULL Thanksgiving

Two of my favorite words are Thank You! It still amazes me how wonderful it feels to say and hear those words.

When I say them, I know that something wonderful has taken place. It could be as simple as someone holding a door for me or as huge as someone buying my groceries. Yes, that actually happened for me one year.

Several years ago, as a single mom, I literally lived paycheck to paycheck. Taking care of all the responsibilities was a tremendous effort. One Saturday afternoon, just before Thanksgiving, my sister and brother in law called to invite me shopping at my favorite store, Costco. They had just won a little extra cash and wanted to buy us food! After grabbing a few items, literally, my brother in law said, "What's that? That's not going to feed you all!" They joyfully went up and down each aisle until my cart was overflowing with enough food to feed the 3 of us for 4 months! What BLISS!

How many times a day do you say, "Thank you"? How many times a day do you hear those words? Pay attention. When we hear those words it means we've done something or said something to make a difference in another persons life. The gift of a thank you is free!

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
William Arthur Ward

Thank you all for being part of my blissful universe! Here's to a BLISS FULL Thanksgiving!

In gratitude....Teri

No comments: