Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 11 #Trust 30

Imitation is Suicide. Insist on yourself; never imitate. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Prompt

"Write down in which areas of your life you have to overcome these suicidal tendencies of imitation, and how you can transform them into a newborn you – one that doesn’t hide its uniqueness, but thrives on it. There is a “divine idea which each of us represents” – which is yours?"

There are days when I am not sure “what I will be next” as in, what role I may play in my day to day life: wife, mother, friend, and confidant, pet lover, business advisor, healer and more… many hats! They are all a part of who I am – a unique child of an amazing universe that continuously brings new light to the world every day. Why would I ever want to dim that light or be anything less than me?

There was a time I hid my true self. I may have different names and different titles – I am always me. There are many that may not understand who I am or where I come from and there was a time I was afraid to show who I am because of that. It’s okay. I am BLISS – or as my friend Lori calls it – love – ultimately Source. I don’t want to be reborn – I just want you to know who I am.

"And I don’t want the world to see me

Cuz I don’t think that they’d understand

When everything seems to be broken,

I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am"

From City of Angels sound track, Iris – Goo Goo Dolls

Blissings...Teri

(Disclaimer: This post is part of the free #Trust30 - 30 day writing challenge. Check it out and jump in. What are you afraid of?)

No comments: