Tuesday, June 14, 2011

#Trust 30 - Day 12 - Facing fears

These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:

Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?

Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?

Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?

Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.

The voice that speaks loudest

The voices that I hear are many. The voice that speaks loudest is my inner self who constantly and consistently tells me that living anything less than my “bliss” or with source is a sham. On a New Years Eve, several years ago, I remember driving over a very long bridge, which always terrified me, with my children in the car, on a stormy, snowy night feeling lonely and afraid. I was in the process of getting a divorce and was so afraid of being alone, not knowing how I would feed my children, where we would live, how we would live. As my car started to slide a little I thought to myself, “You (as in Spirit/God/Source) gave me life and you gave me 2 additional lives to care for. I know there is nothing I can’t do and there is nothing to be fearful of.” I realized, among other things, that I am never truly alone, and I am always taken care of, exactly as I need to be. As I straightened my car out and slowed down some, I crossed that bridge with a smile on my face and have crossed many, many more since then.

What keeps me facing those fearful moments, key word, moments, is a deep knowing that “I’m stronger than the fear, anxiety and rage that may be creeping in” and always, always connected to love. I also know that I don’t want to be on my death bed wondering “why I didn’t do the things I wanted most to do or why I didn’t be what I really wanted to be - ME”.

Do, be, and live love!

(Disclaimer: This post is part of the free #Trust30 - 30 day writing challenge. Check it out and jump in. What are you afraid of?)

No comments: