Tuesday, June 14, 2011

#Trust 30 - Day 13 - How will you surprise yourself this week?

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself. How will you surprise yourself this week?

(Author: Ashley Ambirge)

Don’t just follow the truth, live it; live YOUR truth.

At one point I was afraid of what my truth might really be. I realized “ignorance is NOT bliss.” In order for me to be who I really am, I need to accept both the angels and the demons, or “The Bliss Lady and The Pissed Lady” that make up who I am.

What does that mean? That facing my fears, angers, and frustrations, sitting with them, accepting them, doesn’t’ separate me from spirit, it simply reminds me that I have a choice to live in love, and that no matter what, I will always ‘arrive safe’. I’m not sure how I will surprise myself this week – maybe it’s simply showing up!

Bliss ON!!

(Disclaimer: This post is part of the free #Trust30 - 30 day writing challenge. Check it out and jump in. What are you afraid of?)

No comments: