Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sharing my Blisstory

Many of you who have picked up The Blisstory Journal and The Sisstory Journal have emailed me regarding questions and answers from my own Blisstory Journals. I write in my journals daily and encourage you to do so, too. What a great way to leave a legacy for your family and friends.

You wanted to hear more of my answers. So everyday I will be Tweeting one of the Blisstory questions, totally at random. I will answer the questions, briefly, I hope, through this blog! Love to hear more about YOUR Blisstory - send us your answers!

Today's question:

Who set a good example for you as a child?

Easy - my parents. My mom was the "CEO" of the house and my Dad was the "CFO". Back then, most women didn't work outside of the home. It was up to them to manage the household. Men were the "bread winners", bringing home that weekly paycheck.

Mom's were the CEO, financial planners, teachers, plumbers, maids, psychologists, electricians and more. My mom worked her tail off taking care of the 6 of us (and then some) from the time she got out of bed in the morning till way beyond the time we hit the hay. I was very fortunate to have her there everyday when I walked in the door after school to give me a hug and ask about my day. She's still the one I call first, no matter what's going on in my life!


Leaving the house at 6:30 am everyday, my dad brought home the bacon. He took his job at Chrysler very seriously; he had to in order to keep his family fed. He was loyal, dedicated and committed. Just "showing up" was never good enough. He also thrived on helping his fellow man, including strangers, going out of his way to give someone a ride or simply a pat on the back. Too me, they were both larger than life.

As we go through life, it's important to recognize those that have made a difference to us and continue to honor the impact they have had in our lives. Reach out today and share with that someone how much you appreciate the positive effect they made on you!

Bliss out!

No comments: